ACM Multimedia is the flagship conference of ACM SIGMM. It provides a great opportunity for researchers to present their work, get acquainted with the work of others, and discuss with colleagues both junior and senior. To promote participation of students in the conference events and in special student-oriented activities, we will fund participation grants for several students.
The travel grant is meant to support travel and accommodation expenses of one student at the main conference. Students will have to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation. The exact amount will depend on the number of accepted travel grants.
- Students being the primary authors of an accepted paper in the main conference or workshops will be given preference in the selection process.
- Students selected to attend the Doctoral Symposium and Open Source Software Competition will be given high priority.
- Students without papers accepted for publication at ACMMM 2013, but involved in research closely related to the topics of ACMMM will be considered.
- Female and minority students’ applications are especially encouraged.
To apply for the grant, the students must submit the necessary materials through the website (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=acmmm20130), no later than August 15th (23:59 CET), 2013. Students are encouraged to have the applications sent as soon as possible. Applications arriving after the deadline will not be considered. The notification date is September 5th, 2012. Please include the following materials (in a single PDF file) in an application:
- a certificate from a faculty member of the student’s host institution (preferably from academic/dissertation advisors);
- an application letter from the student with the following information:
- student’s full name and email address;
- the name and nationality of the institution;
- the student’s academic status and expected year of graduation;
- whether the student is a (co-)author of a paper that was accepted for the main conference or if the student contributes to any other part of the conference;
- if the student is a (co-)author, the paper title, author list, the student’s contribution to the paper, and whether the student will present the paper;
- the reason for applying for the grant, including the expected benefits that the students will have from attending the conference, research significance, the funding status of the student, and the budget of the student travel;
- a brief statement by the student about his or her current research interests and research accomplishments to date, or a link to his/her CV.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of ACM MM 2013 Student Travel Grants.
- Application submission deadline: August 15th (23:59 CET), 2013
- Notification: September 5th, 2013
We look forward to receiving your applications!
Student Travel Grants Co-Chairs
Ramanathan Subramanian (ADSC, Singapore)
Jasper Uijlings (University of Trento, Italy)